It is the season for clashing prints and mixing different patterns and color schemes.
Follow the simple rules
- Be creative and mix different patterns or solid colors with one or two patterns to create an ensemble.
- Look for an interesting pattern to begin with.
- The pattern should be such that it flatters your body shape.
- Wear bold patterns, mix complementary color palettes, with matching accessories.
- Wear printed denims for the festive look.
- If you are mixing clashing patterns, look for the same fabric.
- Look for a common color which repeats in different patterns.
- Repeat the lines and it creates an interesting mix n’ match outfit.
- Wear an accessory that will bring together the whole outfit. The scarf, belt, shoes, can bring the outfit together.
- Use the patterns in a scale. Mix the smaller prints with a larger print to create an interesting outfit with repetition.
- You can use a floral print tops with a straight skirt in solid colors.
- Use a floral scarf on a leopard print top.
- Use a mix of prints in black & white.
- Use color blocking with mixed prints.
Mixed Prints are everywhere!
Fashion houses worldwide have adapted this trend. Balenciaga, Giovanna Battaglia, Christopher Kane, Missoni, etc.